Shoretalken is staying at the new Waterfront Tower at Harrah’s in Atlantic City (for work — WE SWEAR). Lessons learned over 24 hours:
1. The best view of the Pool at Harrah’s during the day is from the gym. That way, you can stare at the hot hot wait staff and people who could probably use a mirror, all from behind glass and palm trees.
2. Cover bands aren’t so bad. Last night’s group at Eden was lead by a guy who you know totally drives and van and spends weekends working on his lawn.
3. Always carry a camera. If we took our own advice, this post would have started with a picture of the 80 something couple decked out in matching white pants grinding to said cover band doing their best Marvin Gaye.
4. The Xhibition Bar makes for good Phillies viewing…if you don’t want to hear the game. They put on the NBA finals last night. Whatever, dude.
5. As much as Atlantic City markets itself to younger folk (or at least that’s what they say), the bread and butter of these places is still little old ladies with various shades of blue hair.
6. The Waterfront Buffet is not open every day for breakfast. Dammit.
Shoretalken editor Jen A. Miller will be twittering from tonight’s Brett Michaels event at the Pool at Harrah’s. No, she’s not a Poison fan (at least not that we know of) but going more to see who’s goin to shell out $25 for this. She says, at least.
If you want to follow along, click here.